I’m Emily Albarillo. I’m from Seattle originally but I live in Brooklyn, New York. I’m a member of the Editorial Freelancers Association and was just appointed coordinator of the NYC-metro chapter. I’m also involved in PEN America and the Women’s National Book Association.
I am working toward my Professional Certificate in Editing at NYU. My background is in linguistics (master’s degree, University of Hawaii) and English teaching (in Taiwan and in the United States). I am extremely familiar with the Chicago Manual of Style, Microsoft Word, and WordPress.
Outside of editing, I’m interested in:
- Photography, both digital and film.
- Literature, especially international and translated fiction.
- Computers and webstuff. I use Windows, Mac, and Linux; I know HTML; and I work on WordPress-based websites (like this one!) regularly.
- Travel. Having spent significant time in Russia and Taiwan, as well as shorter trips around Europe, Asia, and the US, I definitely appreciate the perspective on life that traveling provides.
- Food. Oh my gosh. Food makes my world go round.